Tuesday, February 12, 2013

State of the Six Address: New Shit is Coming to Light

BROOKLYN, Feb. 12 -- The following can be attributed to Dick Valentine:

Hey everybody!  Long time, no type!  I don't write as much as I used to because I ain't angry no more.  But that doesn't mean I shouldn't keep you in the loop.  As many of you know, we are about to announce our kickstarter campaign for the live DVD we are doing in September and that's exciting.  Also we are about to start a 6-week tour that takes us to some of our favorite places to play shows.  So that's also exciting.

But I am happiest about the fact that we have begun recording our 9th studio album and we are off to a great start.  The new songs are proving to be SHOWNOTSTOPPERS.  That is to say, when you hear them, you will not want the show to stop.   I've never understood why they use the term 'showstopper" to denote a pleasing song.  If it's a good song, why would we want the show to stop?  We would want the show to continue!  Therefore I decree our songs are SHOWNOTSTOPPERS.  That is to say, when you hear them, you will not want the show to stop. 

Anyhow, after taking a year off from writing new material, it's good to be back and these songs are going to be fun to play when we tour for this album in the fall.  Til then, I hope you can make do with one more go round of the old showstoppers.....